At Calgary Table Hockey Club we like to keep things simple. The following rules are loosely based off of the official STIGA tournament rules. We are always open to suggestions.
- faceoff goals DO NOT count; this applies to any of the nine faceoff spots.
- in/out goals DO NOT count; puck MUST stay in the net.
- if puck is hit out, it is dropped at faceoff spot nearest offending player.
- if puck is deflected out, it is dropped at faceoff spot nearest deflection point.
- puck drops are done by the player whose zone the puck was last in, that is, if no referee present.
- center ice faceoff drops should be alternated by each player, that is, if no referee present.
- if puck has stopped behind the goalie, play must resume; if goalie knocks puck in, it counts as goal.
- shaking of table to advance puck is NOT allowed; no goals will count when table is shaken.
- passive play is discouraged and frowned upon; a passing or shooting play must be made in 5 seconds.
- limited alcohol consumption permitted. (inebriated players NOT allowed)
- gratuitous foul language is NOT allowed.
- overly aggressive play is NOT allowed.
- good sportsmanship always encouraged.
- high fives and fist bumps are strongly encouraged. :-)